Genital Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) : Picture Gallery
And some pictures of Oral Herpes – HSV1 – Cold Sores
This Gallery contains images / photographs of different people presenting for diagnosis, treatment and care of genital herpes.
- Commonly, this is caused by HSV types 1 and 2. With 1 generally considered to be the ‘oral strain’ which causes ‘cold sores’; and 2, thought of as the genital strain. They can, however, swap around.
- There are 6 other strains, about which there will be information added elsewhere on this site.
- For some it is a primary presentation, and for others it’s recurrent.
- For all, it is uncomfortable.
- Understanding herpes and HSV is the key to living a full, happy and healthy sex life after diagnosis.
- It is not the end, just a change – and vast numbers of people in the world carry the virus, with only some being bothered by it.
See the information pages for more about HSV.